Recreational Sports are a desirable part of a student's education. At Mount Vernon Nazarene University, it is our hope that through participation, individuals will develop an appreciation of this use of leisure time and a wholesome attitude toward physical activity for recreational purposes.
In the end, the intramural program strives to provide leadership, educational and healthy exercise opportunities for its participants. It is our goal that intramurals' will be used as a learning tool and a developmental resource to build character, self-discipline, and leadership qualities that are Christian based.
For schedule of seasonal intramural sports, please visit the SGA website.
Seasonal Intramural Activities:
- Fall softball
- Spring softball
- Flag footbal
- Fall sand volleyball
- Indoor soccer
- Ultimate Frisbee
- Coed volleyball
- Corn Hole
- Homerun derby
- 3 on 3 Basketball tournament
- January basketball
- Spring basketball
- Intramural Chairperson
- Intramural Vice-Chairperson (Male & Female)
- Scorekeeper/clock/chain gang
- Aerobic coordinator/instructor
- Clerical work/serve on intramural committee
Students are encouraged to express and implement ideas that might improve the intramural program. This is accomplished via working with the Director of Intramurals and student assistants.
Did you know that:
- Intramurals is a great way to make new friends.
- It is a great way to get some exercise.
- You can develop leadership skills.
- Over 650 students and 30 faculty/staff participate in intramurals.
- Intramurals has a good relationship with the Mount Vernon YMCA, Mount Vernon High School, and Mount Vernon City Parks.
- Participant awards are given at the end of the year.
To find out more about the intramural program and how you can be a leader in intramurals, you may contact:
Mount Vernon Nazarene University
800 Martinsburg Road
Mount Vernon, Ohio 43050