MVNU respects and significantly benefits from the diversity of students, staff, and faculty. The University endeavors to model a diverse community of individuals who seek what is best for each other, consistent with its mission, vision, and values. Diversity is expressed through racial, ethnic, age, ability, geographic, gender, cultural, and socioeconomic differences among the campus community.
MVNU takes seriously its responsibility to offer educational and professional opportunities equitably to all qualified persons it can reasonably accommodate. The University, through its curriculum, programs, and services, seeks to provide understanding and supportive interaction among diverse population groups, respecting individuals’ personal values and ideals.
OFFICE OF INTERCULTURAL LIFE PROGRAMS
The Office of Intercultural Life serves AIM students (American students of color, International students, and Missionary kids) through a variety of programs and events, including:
- Diversity Leadership Scholarships
- Diversity Leadership Scholars and Mentoring Program
- Project RECRUIT in partnership with OFIC (Ohio Foundation of Independent Colleges)
- Mu Kappa (a national organization for missionary kids)
Additionally, the Office of Intercultural Life supports and celebrates a variety of student organizations and campus events, including:
- Alliance for Black Student Leadership
- African Diaspora History Month
- Cross Cultural Club
- Festival Latino Workshop
- International Fashion Show
- Martin Luther King Celebration Breakfast
- Social Justice Quilt Project
- Soul Festival
- United Generations Gospel Choir
- Women's History Month
- Social Justice Small Group and Week
Office of Intercultural Life C.O.R.E. Values
CURIOSITY and COURAGE
Personal responsibility for getting to know one another and to be understood.
OPENNESS and OTHERNESS
Holding multiple perspectives simultaneously and valuing them all.
RESPECT and RECIPROCITY
Recognition of personal diversity and a willingness to admit that all peoples have equal value and merit.
EQUITY and EMPATHY
Dispersion of power and equality of opportunity.